In order to ensure the highest quality, our work is guided by the following principles:
- the use of translation tools (e.g. WordFast) to ensure consistency in terminology and style;
- the storage of translation memories for every customer and language combination;
- dedicated account/project managers for regular customers;
- the use of the same translators for regular customers or specific types of texts;
- the use of the same translator-reviser pairs for certain types of texts;
- the use of external specialists (e.g. financial/legal/medical) as advisors on an ad-hoc basis.
- European standard
All translations are prepared in accordance with the NEN standard for translation services (NEN EN 15038). Established in 2006, this European standard represents the first unequivocal standard for translation services in history.
- A second reading
For some texts, particularly those a client deems critical or those that are highly technical or challenging in nature, we schedule a second round of revision. The European NEN standard prescribes that every translation be revised by a second translator. This is consequently the standard at Overtaal. In some cases, however, we opt to have the text revised a second time in order to ensure maximum certainty with regard to translation quality.